Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Woman vs. Pitbulls

Foxnews is reporting:

GIG HARBOR, Wash. — Two pit bull terriers broke into a
house through a pet door Tuesday and attacked a woman in her bed, mauling her
badly, a Pierce County sheriff's spokesman said.
The woman was able to grab a
gun and try to shoot the dogs, then break away from the attack and lock herself
in her car, where she called 911, sheriff's spokesman Ed Troyer said.
The
woman, who was not immediately identified, was taken to a hospital in Tacoma,
where she was listed in serious condition.
Officers planned to talk to the
dogs' owner.
The pit bulls also killed a neighbor's Jack Russell terrier,
which entered the house during the attack, Troyer said.
"The thought is that
the Jack Russell heard noise in the neighbor's house, came in and was attacked
by the dogs," Troyer said.
Firefighters responded first, locking the dogs in
the house, treating the woman and calling for an ambulance.
Officers "had to
pepper spray and fight the dogs until they were detained. We almost had to shoot
them on site," Troyer said.
The dogs were taken to a Humane Society and will
probably be destroyed, he said.
/**/

It was not immediately known why
the dogs entered the house, whether the woman had dogs of her own or what set
off the attack.

Again, dogs are more dangerous than firearms because supposedly they have a brain of their own. I hope their owner gets sued into the next century.

2 comments:

dismalsand said...

hey..I had a friend (her group in on my page..she disapeared on me-oh well) She was always wanting others including myself to repost her deals on fighting the banning of pit bull dogs n such. I only posted ones about need for animal adoption n stuff. I never told her that i was not against the banning of pitbulls but I think she found me useless to her "march" is why she closed out her account on 360. I dont know how they think they can stop pitbulls if they are allowed to keep breeding them...Man "created" this type of dog..its the dogs that lose..makes me so mad!

DAKOTARANGER said...

I'm not for banning them, but the owner MUST be incredibly responsible. If someone is hurt by one of these dogs I think what God put forth in Leviticus is fairly adequit for compensation of the attack.

I'm all for holding the owner responsible for the action of the dogs, but dogs (and any other animal) that kills humans must be destroyed.