Thursday, September 06, 2007

My Gripe on Christians that think everyone wants to be married

I know my buddy Jeff did this a couple of weeks ago, but yesterday morning at our churches men's bible study the subject came up...I knew I should have just gone home straight from work. I even got the obligatory story about the friends that swear that they are going to be bachelors to the rapture and got married.


I don't get why it is so hard for some people to get that there are people that want to have nothing to do with marriage. I've had enough bad experiences with women to last a life time. I dated one gal one time that told me that she thought she could do better. Three years later she was telling everyone that after I got home from college we would be dating. If I wasn't good enough in high school....I'm not going to be treated like dirt a second time.


I once dated a gal for about a half-hour, but she dumped me when she found out a buddy that she really wanted to date was available (this woman wasn't a beauty queen and had no chance...we really need to quit telling little girls fairy tales because even the UGLIEST women [I mean a little worse than me in drag] think they deserve a Greek god).


I've had women lead me on so much I've had to check to see if I had a ring in my nose.


The last woman that was interested in me did everything from lie, manipulate, and undermine a potential relationship that could have been a good thing for me.


Even with in the last month I had a female friend stand me up twice. Once where we had plans to go across the state. We had planned it a month in advance, but last minute she 'couldn't go.' The second time she called because she basically told me to take her out for her birthday. Two days later I called to find out what in the world was going on, she asked for a rain check...I was at least smart enough to tell her that I had already diverted the funds, you never can have to much ammo.


I'm not even going to include the 10 different women that have hit my beloved Elly May because they weren't paying attention.



Christians really drive me nuts. Apostle Paul wrote about it being better to be single than married. I don't get the obsession with finding a soul mate.... THEY DO NOT EXIST. It is a myth perpetrated by Sunday School and the Greeting Card Industry. In all honesty I've only met ONE couple out of my hundreds of friends I know for a fact God made them for each other. I've stated before the reasons I don't want anything to do with marriage to people, but I don't want to use it cuts into my gun budget to much just because I don't want to freak them out to much, although maybe it will get other Christians to leave me alone on this...hmmm I may have to rethink that.

7 comments:

Ron Simpson said...

I was living with a girl and came home sick one day with a 104 fever and the flu so bad I could barely walk. She was in bed with another woman.
But I eventually found a good one. Soul mates. I don't know if I believe in that concept either, but we are really compatable.
I hope you can find one.

Ron Simpson said...

I was living with a girl and came home sick one day with a 104 fever and the flu so bad I could barely walk. She was in bed with another woman.
But I eventually found a good one. Soul mates. I don't know if I believe in that concept either, but we are really compatable.
I hope you can find one.

DAKOTARANGER said...

Ok compatability that I can buy

Panhandle Poet said...

Nothing wrong with single - but one day there's liable to walk into your life that one special person that will change everything. I had a brother who was single until he was 40. You never know.

fetzer said...

And I thought I had dating problems. Seriously, I share your pain but I haven't given up hope. I honestly do believe in soulmates. I just don't buy into the notiont that you have to find them before you leave college.

DAKOTARANGER said...

Fetz, your just a hopeless romantic

Anonymous said...

I am trying to catch up on your writings..I enjoy them. This one, I have to comment on.Everyone needs to think about your reasoning at least in this way.. God must come absolutely 'FRIST' in each of our lives. Then..should..He decide that we would be better off married we will know it in His time and that it is an honest commitment 'from Him and in honor of Him.....Dont let any of thier assumptions bother you (as I can see you really dont haha) I admire your opinion...(Now youre gonna hate me)...but only God knows forsure and I think that He really does try to keep our lives going right..single or married..:)