Tuesday, July 15, 2008

A well-deserved vacation.

The last couple of months I have been incredibly laxed on posting due to an illness of one of my best friends. She is far from out of the woods and I almost lost her last month. Because of how intense the struggle was with her illness and having done about all I can do at this point I finally had a chance to catch my breath (for some reason I'm not high on her friend list right now, but at least she is alive.)


I was supposed to go to a family reunion last week, but fortunately I somehow talked my way out of going to it. It was not something I could have handled since my Aunts treat my mom like dirt I would have just hurt mom's feeling because I would have had to tell them what I think of how horrible of people they truly are...not a good thing.


So, last week I was away from a computer and was able to ignore Drudge, and other news sources and just relaxed. This weekend I was able to do something I always wanted to do I rented a Red Ford Mustang convertable. It was more thrilling than the first time I fired my Colt Gold Cup 1911 and the first time I kiss a girl combined. While I shouldn't admit I broke the law, one time coming down an on-ramp I was able to get her up to 110 mph. It was honestly the best $250 I have ever spent on a weekend.


The reason I decided to stay home is because no where was really appealing to go to since I would be on my own, and working the night shift I really amunable to see alot of my friends here in town. So, thinking ahead I called all my friends and we had a really windy picnic. My best friends' kids are absolutely too cute and too fun. Their oldest came running up (almost 4 yrs old) saying that his little brother (about 21/2) was throwing sand in his hair. As soon as John gave his son the dictum to tell his little brother that dad said stop, big brother ran back like he was on a mission from his fearless leader. About two minutes later, the little brother grabbed two hand fulls of sand and chucked the sand at his big brother. The whole table said, whoa because...well we all remember mistreating our sibling and John just sighed, shook his head and put the poor little guy in a time out. It was kinda funny watching the little guy do his best to sit still on the bench, but alas he just wasn't really able.


The oldest came up a little later and asked his mom if she wanted to do something better, like play with them...I can kinda remember thinking that when I was younger when we went calling on people with Dad...well I guess I'm just old and fat now and really enjoy just visiting with people now, so...


I was able to get Coleen to go driving in the Mustang. She really is one of the grooviest women I know. She has one of the most eleclectic tastes of anyone I have ever met. She would be a blast to go with down to Austin, Texas since it supposedly has one of the widest varieties of art and music in the Country (plus I can carry in TX, can't do that in Europe so I have no interest in going.)


It was a great vacation, even if there were a few things that I wanted to get accomplised that just didn't get done. Dang, I miss the Mustang.

No comments: