Friday, November 21, 2008

To those that are whining about the economy: STOP, you are making things worse

I know we are in tough times. I know people are hurting. BUT to a certain extent we have done this to ourselves. Whether we allowed politicians to think they know best and create smothering regulations and taxes or we have over-extended ourselves with credit that we have no way of paying back this is where we are at.

I had CNN and Fox News on today, every other story was about what to do in this economy including a no brainer about whether or not people should forgo giving gifts this year. I AM SO FED UP with garbage like this. My parents would tell us every year that my sister and I didn't get everything we wanted for Christmas. There were years we couldn't afford to do anything for vacation, including one year where a person at my folks' bank embezzled money from our family account. If you can't afford gifts, so what. Whether the economy was good or bad this year none of our family was going to do much about gifts. A couple of years ago I had less money than I have now. I gave mom a wall hanging telling her how much I love her. I just can't imagine it is such a hard thought for people to accept they don't have the money, but what do I know I've never had much money.

I know that I gripe about things, but there comes a point where we need to just accept this is where we are at and to be honest I'm a little worried about the future considering how much of the economy government is trying to take over, the threat against the 1st Amendment called the 'fairness doctrine', and a group of people that aren't willing to stand against evil are running this country. This is where we are, quit whining about it is only making things worse and it is horribly annoying.

1 comment:

Ms.Green said...

I hate whiners.

Most of them are liberals. Liberals whine. Conservatives get out and do something about it.

Cry me a river
Build yourself a bridge
Get over it

(A sign I have at my desk at work)