Friday, December 19, 2008

I love Christmas

This hasn't been an easy year for our family, and unfortunately my sister won't be home this year. It won't be a typical family Christmas for a whole hosts of reasons. Christmas gifts are going to be in short supply because of everyone has had some major expenses, but the important thing is being together (mom and Dwight are headed to Brenda's after Christmas).

I love being able to watch all the Charlie Brown Christmas and all the sappy Christmas love stories. In all honesty, Christmas is probably the only time it is the only time I allow myself to believe in true love. I guess that is due to the fact that Christmas is nothing more than Christ sacrificing His rightful place to be born in a barn.

Having a tough trip down to the family's mountain bunker, mom playing Christmas Carols over the car stereo made it an easier trip and helped put me in Christmas mood.

So

TO ALL A MERRY CHRISTMAS

2 comments:

Just John said...

A merry Christmas to you and yours. I've found that what we find to be important about Christmas changes with time. That can sometimes be a good thing.

Ron Simpson said...

Merry Christmas my friend.
Hope you and your family have a wonderful day.