Tuesday, June 16, 2009

EVERYONE SHOULD GO SHOOT AT LEAST ONCE

I am a firm believer since we are a nation that was formed by riflemen to the extent John Adams wrote his beloved wife before Independence that Independence Day be celebrated with music, merriment and guns, that is the patriotic chore that EVERY SINGLE AMERICAN learn how to shoot and know how to handle all kinds of arms to the same extent they should call their Congressional delegation and be informed before they vote.

I have friends that say they hate guns, with NO experience with firearms. While having a hatred for an inanimate object is their right as an American citizen to form this opinion without experience plainly intellectual dishonesty. I have taken dozens of people out shooting, a good chunk that didn't understand why someone would go shoot...until they sent lead down range. Every last one enjoyed themselves and learned a new skill that whether or not they picked up another firearm afterwards.

It wasn't until I became a firearms owner that I realized the folly of the clinton era Assault Weapons Ban (which no assault weapons were actually banned since they fall under the National Firearms Act of 1934). The History Channel used to have a show called the "Tale of the Gun," every episode started with the line: no matter what your opinion is of firearms you cannot deny the impact it had on history, to understand the gun is understand history. And one of the major problems in this country is the total lack of historical perspective.

I believe so much that every American should know how to shoot I would be willing to teach Comrade President, rahm emmanuel, and sarah brady herself. I realize that it would be little more than hope springing eternal that it would change Comrade President from his freedom stealing ways.

When we are dealing with civil rights education is the ONLY way to keep our freedom. IF someone goes shooting and decides they still don't like firearms I can respect that, but not to take an opportunity to learn and still have a negative opinion that person is being unAmerican.

1 comment:

Ron Simpson said...

I must be really tired. I read the title of this post and thought it said, "Everybody should get shot at least once"......
And I thought, great idea....
do I get to choose where to shoot specific people?
I have a list....