Saturday, September 10, 2011

Ten Years Later

While I tend to shy away from being a bandwagon person, and I even debated whether I really wanted to write a commemorative statement about what those monsters decided to do on 9/11 just because EVERYONE and the left is doing it.

It came down to the need to remind those around me that there is evil in this world and it must be opposed, no matter how high the cost. And the cost has always been paid by those that have picked up a rifle in defense of this nation and those that stayed behind.

Negotiating with evil will do nothing but give an opening that allows evil into you, doesn't do anything to make the evil righteous.

What was done to this nation wasn't the first terrorist attack, but it was probably the first time we actually stood up and kept going...even when the wusses amongst us has tried to talk us into a quagmire (not that Libya or Egypt is now).

While the destruction of the monsters hasn't been complete we have to keep opposing them, otherwise we are going to end up bowing to them. I generally oppose subjugating myself to anyone, least of all full-blown evil.

I know I could have gone into what I was doing when I heard, but then it's about me. Not about those that died for this country. They are the heroes and need to be remembered.

No comments: